2017 ASI Seed Exchange is now closed
The top-of-page timeline roughly outlines the Seed Sale progress from month to month. Specific deadlines vary from year to year and are established by the chairman. Participation is open to members only.
The rules for the seed exchange are as follows:
All kinds of aril seed are welcome, including seed from open-pollinated seedpods. Please use the following notation when you mark the seed portions you donate:
- All members of ASI are allowed to take part in the seed exchange.
- The seed will be sold for $2.00 per portion. A portion would as a minimum include 5 seeds.
- Donors have first priority to choose seed until two weeks after the seedlist has been published.
- Donors are allowed to get five portions of seed free of charge.
- Non-donors have second priority to the seed (two weeks after the seedlist has been published).
- Orders are treated as first come, first served. Payment for seed and postage will go to the treasurer.
Please tell us what kind of aril or arilbred plant, too, using the standard notation: O, OH, OG, RC, R, RH, OB+, OGB+, RB+, OB, OGB, RB, OB-, OGB-, RB-.
- OP = Open pollinated
- HP = Hand pollinated
- CW = Collected wild
If you are using your own code (many hybridizers are), please tell me about your code.
No portion of seed is too small!!!!
The deadline for sending seed to the seed exchange program is September 15. If your seed is not ready at that time, please send me a note telling me what you are expecting to donate.
Put all your marked envelopes (for example 11cm x 16cm) in a larger envelope and send your donation to me:
NB: I don't have any restriction on receiving seed from anywhere in the world!
- Lars Høpfner
Langengen 38, Svorgerslev
'Jallab' photo by Rick Tasco. 'Nordic Sky' photo by Lowell Baumunk.
Seed Sale Statistics
2016 seed sale
2015 seed list
2014 seed list
2013 seed list
2012 seed list
2011 seed list
2010 seed list
2009 seed list
2008 seed list
2007 seed list
2006 seed list
2005 seed list